Sunday, June 22, 2014

Serial Clothes Tryer-On'er

  I've changed in a lot of ways since I began this journey - emotionally, physically and behaviorally.  But because my body shape is changing so quickly, I've been trying to be excited by the "new" wardrobe of old clothes that didn't fit before in my closet instead of buying a bunch of new clothes - especially because I'd like to loose about 90 more pounds...in the mean time (especially on days that I am "toning" and don't see a change at the scale in the morning), sometimes I like to reaffirm my progress to myself by trying on clothes at the store with no plan to buy them.  Today I had a few minutes to check out some of the newest dresses at Dress Barn and was pleasantly surprised. I took in a dress that was 3 sizes smaller than my original size before starting the Omni Drops Program.  And, I had to ask the lady to bring me a smaller size! Good bye 24, hello 16! Yes, I know that a 16 (especially on a size 5'1" frame) still means I have a long way to go, but I haven't bought a size 16 since I got married in 2006 - and from what I can remember I don't think that I would have looked this good in it at that point in time, either.

Here's to recognizing the changes we make, even when they aren't documented at the scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment