Monday, June 9, 2014

Non-Scale Victories!

In the process of making changes, I am losing weight. But all of this process is not in the number at the scale, but rather consistent every day, minute by minute changes in my thoughts and actions...I no longer think of this journey as a diet - as with this word comes a lot of negative thoughts and it seems to indicate a short term plan. My journey is a life long one...and even as early on as I am, I am already feeling different.

Please check out the "non-scale victories" tab for successes I have had off of the scale...

In the meantime, I thought I'd mention one from today.  Part of my day at work today involved going to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch.  While I was there, I was able to get by with only drinking water with lime, after having eaten my Omni lunch prior to the appointment.  Before Omni, I would have obsessed about what I wasn't eating the entire time I was there, and it would have been an internal battle with myself as to whether or not I was going to give in to the temptation that that smells wafting through the restaurant were creating...

It's funny how much my nose does not register intense, food based smells any more. I went to Chick-fil-A my first week on the program and ate an apple and water while my family ate their glorious chicken. I wasn't phased by the smell at all....I have no idea what has caused this amazing phenomenon....maybe the fact that I haven't eaten processed foods in over 4 weeks? No matter what it is, I'll gladly accept it as part of my healing on this path to wellness.

Health to all of you!

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment