Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A Typical Day

For those of you who are curious about how a typical day goes for me in relationship to food (by the way, that relationship is changing quickly), I thought it might help to have an idea of what I eat. Please know that with any change, it takes time to retrain your mind and subconcious expectations. I am a true believer that the expectations that I previously had were extremely skewed, and were part of what got me to where I'm at now...I also believe that we can change these expectations - or I wouldn't be doing this blog right now.

So....

  • Weigh myself and document my progress on my handy chart
  • Get ready for the day
Take vitamins, drink a very large glass of ICE COLD water.

Make coffee (typical travel size mug with 2 tablespoons of whole milk and 9 drops of flavored stevia)

Head to work with my cup of coffee
When the coffee is gone, I switch to water ALL DAY LONG!

Mid morning - if I am hungry and it doesn't go away with after finishing my water mug, then I'll eat half of my lunch time apple.

Lunch - my awesomely packed lunch, usually buffalo chicken with celery, Wasa and an apple (or the other half of it if I've already eaten it).

After I get home from work I usually eat half of my dinner apple.

Dinner - my omni meal of the day...I usually eat a different protein than I had for lunch and try to eat a different fruit (usually strawberries).

If I have beef for my protein for dinner, I'm usually too full to eat my dinner time fruit. If this is the case, I would then eat the fruit for snack when my kids are snacking.

I take evening vitamins as I go to bed, and try to go to bed no later than 10pm when I can.

Hope this helps!
-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment