Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Little More About Me

So if you've poked around a bit at this blog, you may have a decent idea of what I've been doing to change my life.  But, I realized that some of you don't really know who I am...so, here are a few details:

I'm currently a middle school crisis counselor in the middle of a total career change into teaching - middle school math, no less! Because of this, I work full time and then go to graduate school full time. I'll be student teaching in the Fall 2014.

I have a husband (my high school sweetheart) and two beautiful  and hilarious children, one almost four and one almost three.

I have difficulty saying no, have  a tendency to take on too much, and when I commit to something I have a need to commit 110%...this has resulted in a pretty frequent state of running frantic from one  responsibility   to the next, but when I have a few moments to myself I can't enjoy them anyway...always on the go!

When I decide to take a moment for myself, I enjoy reading dystopian novels, creating vinyl art, trying out various Pinterest projects, watching The Walking Dead and Heart of Dixie, and spending time outdoors with my family and friends.

I hope this helps you get a sense of the life I lead and a better understanding about how changes can be made (and often should be made) when life is crazy busy! (By the way, that's a great book - CrazyBusy by Dr. Edward Hollowell).

Take care all!
-JJJen

No comments:

Post a Comment