Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Joy of Maintaining


This is me. Right before loading for my second round. I am happy because I have realized that I can maintain my loss, even when eating on the P4 or "life" protocol. I have also not realized how HARD loading will be since I have detoxed my body from all things processed and sugar laden.

And then Round 2 started, and the previously coveted "loading" days hit me. I started loading yesterday, a Saturday, July 19th. I during the first few days of my first P2, I started a list of all of my next load day "must haves" based on what I thought I was craving back then. Let me give you the short list of what I ended up eating during this round's loading phase:

Bob Evans Chocolate Pancakes, large chocolate milk, and hash browns covered in cheese
Three pieces of Little Caesars Sausage Pizza, Salad doused in Olive Garden dressing, 2 1/2 pieces of birthday cake, ice cream and a ridiculous amount of sugar laden pineapple sparkling juice at a birthday party.

PF Chang's Crispy Honey Chicken, Lo Mein, Chicken Lettuce Wraps followed by a chocolate-covered strawberry martini, salted caramel ice cream and a chocolate covered s'more at the VB Chocolate Bar. I gained 5.6 pounds today loading. Much improved from last round, since it's only the first day this time and last round I only gained 2.6 total during my load.

Then on Sunday (today), I had my husband's special Egg Sandwich for breakfast, followed by a Starbuck's Frappuccino and Snickers bar in the grocery store check out line, Cheeze Its, Taco Bell for lunch, Stefanina's Bacon and Black Olive Pizza and House salad. For dessert, I finished off an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's Salted Caramel Core ice cream. Tomorrow's weigh in will determine the starting point for this round's "dropping". The more you gain during loading, the quicker you drop while you're "dropping". I'm looking forward to melting away.

I am NOT looking forward to another round of loading. Who knew I'd ever say that.





No comments:

Post a Comment